Friday 20 April 2012

Movie poster reasearch

Here are a collection of Movie posters I have collected for research on what look and type I was going to develop for my final. There are a variety from Photography to drawing and Photoshop graphics.

From this group of posters they are based for the movie The Wizard Of Oz.  I like how the third poster of Dorothy's hair has been changed adding bright pattern. Dorothy herself has been cartoonized and the poster overall is bold and eye-catching. I like the simplicity of the first poster as the artist has captured one of the main known scenes from the movie. Even though the poster looks simple I think that it stands out from other posters because of it being different from usual photograph posters, showing the main characters of the film. From this selection it has given me ideas on how I could experiment for my final piece using photoshop, colours and textures.



For the two groups of poster research above the posters are mainly photographed. However there are a few of which contain graphic development and have been hand-drawn and then coloured either by the use of an editing software or a screen-print. E.G most of the disney posters. These layouts have also given me ideas on how I could layout my ideas and develop experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment