Friday 20 April 2012

Hexagonall


http://www.hexagonall.com/

Artist copy




My emulations

Below are my own version posters made in the style of the artist Hexagonall. I used their work as inspiration for my own posters. First I picked out films which I thought and looked up that had iconic moments or objects of which the viewer would instantly recognize from that particular film. This is what Hexagonall does.


For the film - The skeleton key (Shown Above) the iconic object is in the title (The Key). From this I looked up a picture of a skeleton key in google images. I then printed and cut out the key shape stencil for a screen-print I decided to print it onto a solid charcoal black card. This is because Hexagonall usually uses a solid colour background, being simple and minimalist. I uploaded it onto photoshop and added the title at the bottom of the page, using the KdoBtz font from website - www.dafont.com

Another poster I tried out was Dirty Dancing. From this movie the most memorable moment was the ending dance when Patrick Swaze finaly lifts baby. For this I chose a light pink card as I thought this related to the romantic genre of the film. I printed out the Image and cut out the parts which are different colours. I then used the screen print technique to print onto the card. Using the same font as before I added the title of the film at the bottom section of the page.


Using the same technique and method as before I did the same for these three movie posters.







Case study


Click image for bigger view!

No comments:

Post a Comment